Light Years Away works based on trust and transparency. This commitment is translated into the day-to-day relationship with our customers, employees and suppliers. The privacy and security of the data you entrust us are a priority for us.
It is our commitment to only collect, store, process, transmit or delete your personal data with transparency and that are essential to provide you with the best services. We will inform you of how we use your personal data and for what purposes with the guarantee that we collect, share and store your personal data in line with the best practices in security and protection of personal data.
When your personal data is collected, stored, processed, transmitted or deleted by other entities, we demand the same level of privacy and security.
We want you to feel confident that your personal data is safe with us, as we will always be committed to protecting your privacy, and we take our responsibilities regarding the protection of your personal data with great seriousness and commitment.
Whenever you have any doubts about the use we make of your personal data, we will be available to help you by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is responsible for the treatment of my personal data?
Corporate Name: LIGHT YEARS AWAY LDA (hereinafter referred to as Light Years Away, LYA or in any reference to us, ours, with us);
Address: Praça Quinta de S. Francisco dos Matos, nº 7A, Lazarim 2825-159 Caparica
Telephone: +351 915220533
The website www.lyasportswear.com (hereinafter referred to as “website”or “portal”) is operated by Light Years Away is hosted by Shopify Inc.
2. DATA COLLECTION
We collect device information using the following technologies:
- "Cookies" are data files that are placed on your device or computer and usually include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, visit http: //www.allaboutcookies.org.
- "Log files" track the actions that take place on the website and collect data, including your IP address, browser type, provider Internet services, reference / exit pages and timestamps.
- "Web beacons", "tags" and "pixels" are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the website.
In addition, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the webite, we collect certain information from you, including name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address and phone number. We refer to this information as "Order Information". If you contact us directly, that is, through our website or any other service offered by us and if you are interested, for example, in our products and services and / or if you have any questions, make a direct purchase or try to make a purchase by contacting us directly by email or social media; we collect some information from you, which may include name, username, if applicable, billing address, shipping address, payment information (account number, IBAN and BIC), email address and phone number, depending on type of information you provide. This information is also known as "Order information".
In addition to the situations referred to in the previous paragraphs, we can also collect data such as name, email, date of birth, gender when you subscribe to our newsletter, there is contact with after sales services or customer support, participate in one of our marketing campaigns, collaborate in a partnership with us, responds to a questionnaire sent by us or any type of interaction in physical space. This information will also be known as “Order information”.
Why do we process your personal data?
In accordance with the provisions of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679, as well as with any applicable national legislation, we inform that at Light Years Away we process the personal data you provide to us for the following purposes:
1. Communicate with you, process your registration as a customer and manage the purchase process.
2. Issuing invoices and purchasing goods and services, home delivery and service management.
3. To provide information or advertising related to our products or services, sending commercial communications, gifts or events and invitations by email, phone calls, SMS, push notifications, postings etc.
4. The preparation of commercial profiles based on information from internal and external sources, in order to send you personalized advertising and analyze your shopping behavior to personalize your experience.
5. Prevention of abuse and fraud (fraudulent activities, denial of service attacks, among others).
6. Disclosure of data to public bodies and authorities (administrative or judicial), as required by legal and statutory provisions.
We use the Device Information we collect to help us track possible risks and fraud (in particular, your IP address) and generally to improve and optimize our website (for example, by creating analyzes of how our customers browse and interact com website and to evaluate the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
4. PERSONAL DATA RETENTION PERIOD
How long will we keep your data? Your data will be kept as long as we have a contractual relationship or even request cancellation, as well as for the time necessary to fulfill our legal obligations.
What is the legitimacy of the processing of your personal data?
The legal bases for the processing of your personal data corresponding to each of the purposes (1) to (5) included in paragraph 3 above ("Objectives") are as follows:
- Purpose (1): The execution of a contract with Light Years Away in relation to the purchase of products.
- Purpose (2) and (3): consent expressly granted to Light Years Away at the time when your personal data is collected.
- Purpose (4): Consent expressly granted to Light Years Away at the time when its personal data is collected in relation to the preparation of profiles based on external sources and the satisfaction of a legitimate interest that Light Years Away has in relation to the preparation of profiles based on internal sources.
- Purpose (5) and (6): The legal fulfillment of the responsibilities applicable to Light Years Away.
To which recipients will your personal data be communicated?
Your personal data will not be disclosed to third parties, except for third parties whose intervention is necessary for the correct management of the service provided (transportation companies, financial institutions, etc.) and to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store - you can read more about how Shopify uses your personal information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the website. You can read more about how Google uses your personal information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also choose not to participate in Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
In addition, your data may also be disclosed to public bodies and authorities (administrative or judicial) in cases where a legal regulation so establishes them.
What are your rights when you provide us with your personal data and how can you exercise it?
You have the right to access your personal data, as well as request the rectification of inaccurate data or, when applicable, request its deletion when, among other reasons, the data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected. In certain circumstances, you may request to limit the processing of your data, in which case we will only keep them for the exercise or defense of claims. In certain circumstances and for reasons related to your specific situation, you may object to the processing of your data. Light Years Away will stop processing your data after notification sent by you, except for mandatory legal reasons or for the exercise or defense of possible claims. If you want to exercise any of your rights, you can contact us in writing using our email address email@example.com or our postal address: Light Years Away, Praça Quinta de S. Francisco dos Matos 7A 2825-159 Caparica, Portugal . The request to exercise any of your rights must be accompanied by a copy of an official document that identifies you (Citizen Card, driving license or passport). Finally, we inform that you can contact the Portuguese Data Protection Authority and other competent public authorities regarding any claim arising from the processing of your personal data.
8. BEHAVIORAL ADVERTISING
As described above, we use your personal information to provide targeted advertisements or marketing communications that we believe will be of interest to you. For more information on how targeted advertising works, visit the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work. You can disable targeted advertising using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads - Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous - Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads In addition, you can choose not to participate in these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance deactivation portal at: http: // optout .aboutads.info / Note that, we do not change the data collection and use practices of the website when we see a Do Not Track sign in your browser.
9. COOKIES POLICY
Web browsing (cookies)
Our website is hosted on Shopify. Shopify is dedicated to the user experience and they use many tools to help us improve our website and our trading platform. To that end, Shopify uses reporting and analysis cookies to personalize your browsing experience and improve our services by obtaining information about the use of the website.
Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Google Chrome cookies: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
March 30th 2020